Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Prayer in the Midst of Trials

Lately it seems that life's trials have overwhelmed so many of my family and dear friends. I feel compelled to ask for prayer for many of these needs and find myself often in prayer to my heavenly father on the behalf of these dear people. I am thankful that people ask and give the opportunity to others to pray for them.


James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I don't pretend to be a "righteous man", but I will say that I find great comfort and joy in laying people's needs at the feet of my LORD.  I don't do it as much as I should, but I try and be consistent with it.  We have been the recipient of the LORD's blessing in the midst of trials, I believe because others have prayed on our behalf too.

I want to take a few min and share some of my burdens for others and ask that you also may lay these needs on the alter of God.

  1. I have a friend who delivered a baby boy yesterday. Tiffany and Aaron named their son Micah. The baby has pulmonary anomalous venous return. His pulmonary vein isn't attached. It should be draining into his lungs but goes to his liver instead. So he is not getting oxgenated blood to flow. They will wait a few days and do surgery. The Dr said he will be in the hospital about a month.  You can only imagine how hard this must be. My heart just aches for them.
  2. Many of you have been praying but please keep the Crotts family in your prayers. Please see  update posts on Through it All, Joy here. Here is a summary of what has happened. Rick and Darla are missionaries to Papua New Guinea. She was pregnant with their seventh child and delivered a stillborn baby 5 months early. Afterwards she became lucid, eventually showing signs of a stroke. They needed $87,000 dollars to medivac her to Australia so that she could get the medical attention she needed. Through many prayers and God's mercy, two business owners in PNG fronted the money. Since being in Australia, they are still trying to figure out what is happening but have ruled out a bleed, blood clot or stroke. 
  3. We have several in our small church who are suffering financially. One of which is our missionary family. They struggle with gaining and keeping new support. They are missionaries to Cuba and they help to train pastors as well as help existing pastors. This does not give justice to what all is involved there. If you would be interested in more information please see our church's website here. It burdens my heart to see people like pastors and missionaries suffering as they fulfill God's call for their life. 
There are so many other requests that it is hard to just ask for these. I know so many that are lost, sick, or  in financial binds.  

But I return to THE word and God so graciously tells me:

Psalms 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Psalms 46:10-11 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

So, I will pour my heart out to God, my refuge and strength, seeking the peace that passeth understanding, and trying desperately to be still. 

 


1 comment:

  1. What a great blessing to know faithful Christians are praying! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete