Saturday, November 6, 2010

Praise God for Those Old Time Preachers!

This evening as I was attempting to sew, I decided to listen to some good preaching. I LOVE to listen to old preachers and so I googled a name that I came to mind, Lester Roloff. Much to my surprise there is a website dedicated to his radio ministry called the Family Alter. I heard some great preaching! The first message was titled "The Juicy Book of Hebrews", I love how God still speaks so clearly to me through these great old time preachers! I also found another great website called FundamentalBaptistSermons.com. I listened to a sermon from Tom Malone called "Soul Winning I" it is a four part series from 1976 when he went to BJU and preached to the students there. I can't wait to listen to the other 3 sermons!  So here are the links to the aboved mentioned websites: Fundamental Baptist Sermons & Roloff Evangelistic Enterprises. Hope you enjoy them as much as I am!

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh! Thanks for sharing these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will share with you a CD I compiled of Lester Roloff singing. He sang a lot and had a good singing voice. He travelled the nation with a trio of singers that attended or graduated his home for wayward girls and they are singing on the CD too. It is some great stuff and includes a sermon he preached at BJU Chapel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pastor! I would love to hear it. The website has a song that was used for the radio ministry, I just assumed that it was Roloff singing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That song is used to open and close the daily radio show and it is Roloff singing. Mention Lester Roloff to Marge for a good conversation, or better yet, make her an audio CD of some of his sermons that you appreciate. She admires the man very much. She was led to the Lord by a pastor's wife right after a series of meetings where Lester Roloff had just preached. She has an interesting testimony that would encourage you to hear. His ministry continued to influence her. I should have told you this before Senior Luncheon today so you could visit with her about this!

    ReplyDelete