Friday, October 29, 2010

Hymn of the Month -- November

Our Hymn for the month of November is "Give Me that Old Time Religion" or "'Tis The Old Time Religion" 


It has a catchy tune that I imagine we will be singing all day long! You can here the music here (again thank you to BIBLEBELIEVERS.COM for the great piano music)!




Words & Music: Adapt ed from an Af ri can-Amer i can spir it u al by Charles D. Till man, who first heard it at an 1889 camp meet ing in Lex ing ton, South Car o­li na (MI DIscore).
This song was sung in the Acad e my Award win ning mo vie Ser geant York (1941).

Refrain
’Tis the old time religion,
[or Give me that old time religion]
’Tis the old time religion,
’Tis the old time religion,
And it’s good enough for me.
It was good for our mothers.
It was good for our mothers.
It was good for our mothers.
And it’s good enough for me.
Refrain
Makes me love everybody.
Makes me love everybody.
Makes me love everybody.
And it’s good enough for me.
Refrain
It has saved our fathers.
It has saved our fathers.
It has saved our fathers.
And it’s good enough for me.
Refrain
It will do when I am dying.
It will do when I am dying.
It will do when I am dying.
And it’s good enough for me.
Refrain
It will take us all to heaven.
It will take us all to heaven.
It will take us all to heaven.
And it’s good enough for me.
Refrain


Hope you enjoy as well!

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. You can combine some verses to make an interesting twist, such as:

    It was good for our mothers,
    It was good for our fathers,
    It was good for our father and mothers,
    It's good enough for me.

    For the piano music, it is in the Bible Truth Hymnal, btw, if you have a copy. And if you don't, be sure to get one next time they have a $9.99 scratch and dent sale!

    ReplyDelete