Monday, September 6, 2010

Thou Art Worthy, O LORD

Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. 

Worthy- greek: axios, ax'-ee-os , deserving, comparable or suitable (as if drawing praise): - due reward, meet, [un-] worthy.

Glory- greek: doxa, dox'-ah, glory (as very apparent), in a wide application (literally or figuratively, objectively or subjectively): - dignity, glory (-ious), honour, praise, worship.

Honour- greek: timē, tee-may', a value, that is, money paid, or (concretely and collectively) valuables; by analogy esteem (especially of the highest degree), or the dignity itself: - honour, precious, price, some.

Wow, when I look at these Greek words it opens up the meanings for me. I can recite this verse and even sing it with out even considering what it is that it is saying. My prayer is that I never forget that my creator is worthy! That I glory not in myself but give him the glory and honour.  I can get so caught up in the dailyness of life that I forget (yes FORGET) to glorify and honour MY GOD! Shame on me. I praise my kids, and probably without even knowing it praise myself (and sometime with knowing it :] )!  As if it wasn't enough to give me breath today I place meaningless or minimal tasks before him. My desire is that as I go forth I will not forget the sacrifice that was made on my behalf. That Jesus Christ would shine through me and maybe I might radiate even a tiny ray of his light into this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment